Friday 18 November 2011

Nine Months


I don’t remember, how was the day, when I was born.
But I can tell the beautiful smile my mom had worn.

Twinkling and joyful, yet teary eyes,
From daughter to wife to mom, she has jumped miles.

I was her world and she was the only world for me.
Coz I knew no one, she was everything for me.

When I woke up, I know she is around me.
Can’t stop smiling, whenever her hands found me.

When I’m hungry, she eats well, well for two.
Ohh!! I love the fact that our food is shared too.

When she slowly strolls me down the garden,
I hear my first music – the song of birds chirping.

When I move, kick or turn,
She is not hurt but reaches the seventh heaven.



As I grow, it’s getting difficult for her to carry.
But she’s ecstatic with not a single line of worry.

Time has flown by, now I’m old enough,
I tell her - Let me out, I can prove you that I’m tough.

I no longer like the darkness and the protected cover.
I want to see you, with my eyes, my dearest mother.

She fulfilled my dream, even though she went through sea of pain.
Finally out of the womb, in her lap, I can see her smile again and again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment